Associate Marketing Specialist
UNtied is looking for a part-time Associate Marketing Specialist with strong organizational skills and a passion for women’s empowerment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to explore a variety of tasks and responsibilities, as well as express your creativity through the drafting of new material and promotional content.
UNtied is the leading resource for women navigating divorce. An online magazine and real life community, we aim to educate and support women who are going through the process by providing community and introducing them to professionals at the top of their fields. We host monthly panel evenings and workshops designed to help our community cope with grief and reshape their futures. Our mission is to help women cross what is likely the toughest bridge of their lives, and come out even stronger on the other side. Additionally, we seek to change the conversation around divorce — from being life’s biggest failure to its greatest opportunity for a re-boot.
Professional Level: Entry-level position
Schedule: Part-time | 20-25 hours per week
Location: New York City (Brooklyn Heights)
The Associate Marketing Specialist is a critical team member supporting the promotion of events and workshops, drafting email campaigns, managing website and online content, and providing administrative support to our Founder and Executive Director.
Responsibilities may include:
- Craft promotional material for livestream and in-person events (write sample tweets, social media posts, gather images, links, email copy, etc.)
- Analyze metrics for website and email marketing campaigns
- Manage online membership through use of Infusionsoft and Memberium platforms
- Maintain website to ensure up-to-date content
- Provide support for ongoing and upcoming events
- Support day-to-day operations and carry out administrative duties
- Edit event transcripts and material for upcoming book
- An energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a small, startup environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity and writing talent
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and in small groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and demands
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with the following software is a plus:
- Membership databases (Infusionsoft, Memberium)
- Web hosting platforms (WordPress)
- Collaborative software (Google Docs, DropBox)
- Advertising software (Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics)
- Project management software (Asana)
- Graphic design image tools (InDesign or Photoshop)
- Social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
Minimum six-month commitment required
How to Apply:
This position is open until filled. However, it is our intention to interview throughout May. Ideally, the position will start in the beginning of June with a paid 1 week training period.
We’re looking for candidates who want long-term, non-benefits eligible, part-time employment . Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below. Please include “Associate Marketing Specialist – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Elaborate on any experiences, professional or otherwise, that have influenced your desire to support women’s empowerment and/or divorcing women.
- Describe your ideal work environment
- The expected length of time you desire part-time work
- Your desired hourly wage